SR22 Insurance Austin

SR22 Insurance Austin

If you have ever been caught driving without insurance in Austin or caught drinking and driving, you will need and SR22 insurance Austin filing.

About SR22 Insurance

What is an SR22?

Basically it’s proof of your financial responsibility. You will need to have your auto insurance company file an SR22 after your conviction. The SR-22 filing is  usually required for about 3 years. But every state has it’s own rules and laws concerning SR22 insurance Austin is no different.

If you live in Austin, you would need to follow the Texas law regarding SR22. You need to obtain proof of insurance in Texas by having your insurance company file a document with the Texas DPA, Texas Department of Public Safety.  It is mandatory in Texas for those convicted of DWIs.

The SR22 filing shows proof to the TX DPS that you have the right amount of coverage. Coverage is determined by the State. In Texas you must show proof of 30/60/25 liability limits.  $30,000 per person/$60,000 per accident for bodily injury and $25,000 for property damage.   If your SR-22 coverage is cancelled early or there are lapse or gaps in your cover then your insurance company must inform the DPS immediately. This will result in the suspension of your drivers license.

How long must you carry and SR22 Insurance Austin filing for?

The average time is between 2 and 3 years since the day your drivers license was re-instated. You can contact the local DPS located in Austin. They will also send you a mail with the requirements.

How do you get an SR22?

Best way is to contact Austin Insurance Group a local insurance broker who specializes in SR22 insurance policies. We can show you the best available options and policies that suits your needs. We provide SR22 filings in all 50 states.

There are two types of policies available.

  • One of them is the non-owners policy. This is for people who do not own a car. Even, if you plan on driving someone‚Äôs car you would need to carry your SR-22 policy with you at all times.
  • The other is an owners policy. This is for people who own a car.

If you need to move out of State, then you would still need to have a SR-22 policy in your new State. Find out the local laws if you decide to move.