What is the difference between Progressive Direct and a Local Progressive insurance Agent?
Progressive Direct Insurance is purchased directly from Progressive, such as when you buy a policy online or call Progressive directly.
Purchasing insurance from a local Progressive Insurance agent either by phone, online or in person, means your policy will be issued through a local independent insurance agent who represents Progressive.
With Progressive Direct:
- You will have no local agent representation
- You are dealing directly with the company
- Some times the premiums are lower, and some times they are not
- For payments, claims, service and questions, you must call the 1-800 directly
- You will never get the same customer service representative twice as they use call centers all over the world
- And you may not even be talking to someone in your state, so you may not get the coverage that you need or have someone explain to you what the benefits are for all of the different coverages
Value of Independent Insurance Agents
Local Agents always find the coverage that’s best for you
Local Progressive insurance agents provide unique value because we don’t just sell Progressive. We work with a number of different companies to make sure you get the best price, coverage and service. And we give you all the discounts and benefits Progressive offers, while still shopping around for you at other companies.
Basically, all you have to do is tell us what’s important to you, and we will go out and find the best policy for you. As an independent insurance agent, we can also help you combine polices to increase your savings.
With a Local Progressive Insurance Agent:
- You will have local agent representation
- You can still deal with the company directly 24/7 but you have a local agent to call for advice
- We can often save you money since we can compare your insurance rates with multiple companies
- For payments, claims, service and questions you can call Progressive direct 24/7, but you also can call your personal agent for local advice
- You will always deal with your agent’s office.
- Your local agent can offer you custom service and a custom policy. We provide the best coverage for the best price.
- And as a platinum agent, we can provide discounts most other Progressive agents can’t offer.
Most people prefer to deal with an agent who can often find better rates and if something goes wrong you have a friend on your side to help you through the red tape. We review your policy on a regular basis to make suggestions, bundle policies, apply eligible discounts and more.
Also, most people who buy a policy with Progressive direct may not even realize they do not have access to a local agent’s office and must deal with Progressive’s 1-800 for all of their needs.
That means when you buy from Progressive Direct you can not call a local agent, you can not make payments in a local office, you will not have local assistance and you must call a 1-800 number for help with your policy. And in some cases you will pay more for less service.
Contact Austin Insurance Group, a local Authorized Progressive Texas Agent today and you decide whether to buy from Progressive Direct or from a local Progressive Insurance agent.