Online Insurance quoting sites – What you should know.
Caveat Emptor – Buyer Beware: For a long time, the only way to compare insurance quotes from more than one major car insurance company was to make one phone call at a time. Then came the internet and it was easy to input your data, but you still had to go to one site at a time and enter your private information. Drivers and homeowners were stuck doing all the work to save money. But now that’s all changing, according to EverQuote, InsuranceQuotes, QuoteWizard, Online Quoting and other online insurance quoting companies. These sites promise to do all the insurance shopping for you for free.
Nothing is free. Do you really want more solicitation from the Internet? Do you want to have your information shared online with someone who may not even be a licensed insurance agent?
Have you read the fine print on these sites?
It’s time for you to say goodbye to Internet insurance quoting sites like EverQuote, QuoteWizard, and InsuranceQuotes to work with a local agent, Austin Insurance Group. We can shop for you without sharing your private information because we are licensed agents for multiple insurance companies. When you get a quote from us, we will be your agent.
HERE’S WHAT THEY SAY:
- They say that the information you need to help you save can be found in one place.
- They say you should compare quotes with their online insurance quoting site.
- They say you should not consider buying car insurance without comparing quotes first because you may be overpaying for your car insurance or home insurance.
- They say their services are free.
- They say that they are not an insurer, but a comparison shopping marketplace – and are providing customers what they want – lower quotes.
- They say that car insurance agents make money from your premiums.
- They say that the higher your premiums are, the more the insurance agent makes.
- They say that the system makes it difficult to determine if you are getting a fair price.
- They say that you are smart if you use their “free internet tools” to get an honest and fair quote.
- They say that it’s really no wonder that with so many driver’s saving money, services like these are gaining momentum.
- They say that they “try” to give consumers the lowest rates with tools you can trust.
- They say just enter your zip code and some driver information to see quotes from top-rated car insurance companies and local agents.
- They say you will put money in your pocket.
There is nothing wrong with this type of comparison shopping site like EverQuote. But before you provide information about yourself and your family, know who is collecting it. If you are okay with your information being sold to the highest bidder, then my job is done and you have been warned.
WHAT THEY DON”T TELL YOU:
- They don’t tell you that all they want is your information.
- They don’t tell you that these type of websites are all about leads, leads, leads. Personal insurance leads. Commercial insurance leads. Life Insurance leads.
- They don’t tell you that they are collecting your information to sell it to an insurance company or insurance agent who buy and pay for leads.
- They don’t tell you that they sell your information more than once.
- They don’t tell you that most insurance agents who purchase their leads, do not prioritize Internet leads because they’re perceived to have low value. So after giving up your information, you may still not find what you need.
- They don’t tell you that the response time may be slow with little to no-followup if the person who purchased your lead doesn’t think you are a valuable client.
- They don’t tell you that the person who buys your information doesn’t care about the relationship or your coverage, but instead they focus on nothing but price.
- They don’t tell you that shopping for insurance this way is cold and impersonal.
- They don’t tell you that they will give you the lowest rates, they tell you they’ll try.
- They don’t tell you that the insurance companies they are quoting, pay to be on their sites.
- They don’t tell you that not all the insurance companies are on their sites.
- They don’t tell you that insurance agents are trying to rip you off, but they are implying it.
- They don’t tell you that the only way an insurance agent gets paid is by selling you insurance. That’s our job.
- They don’t tell you that an insurance agent must be licensed in the State of Texas because selling insurance is regulated by the state.
- They don’t tell you that insurance companies use local insurance agents to sell their policies.
- They don’t tell you that insurance agents have no control over the prices because your price is based on multiple factors, like your zip code, your age, your driving record, type of car you drive, the type of insurance coverage you need and many other factors.
- They don’t tell you what the coverages actually cover.
- They don’t tell you their service will NOT protect you at the time of your loss.
- They don’t tell you if you are a price shopper, “you get what you pay for.”
- The bottom line: Caveat Emptor-Buyer Beware!
It’s time for you to say goodbye to Internet insurance online quoting sites who are not agents.
Whether you are searching for Personal or Business insurance, a local Independent Agent is free to shop multiple providers on your behalf. More freedom means more options and more savings for you.
Only a local, licensed agent or insurance company can sell you insurance.
Our motto is “Let us do the shopping for you, so you don’t have to.”
We will provide comparison shopping, but we are NOT selling your information to anyone. We are local insurance agents, licensed to do business in the state of Texas. We will compare your rates with the top-rated carriers that we are appointed with, like Progressive, Metlife, Mercury, Travelers, Kemper, Foremost/Farmers, Dairyland, Gainsco, and others. When you purchase an insurance policy from Austin Insurance Group, we will be the servicing agent for your policy. Austin Insurance Group has been a local Texas agent since 1994. Call our office today or get an online quote. Your information is private and we keep it that way.
HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- You are free to do what’s right for you.
- Local Independent Agents are free to shop multiple providers on your behalf.
- Our strength as independent insurance agents is building a trusted relationship with insurance buyers unique to our agency.
- Your concerns are our concerns.
If you are looking for an insurance agent and the professional guidance we offer, call our office today, or get your online quote here and one of our agents will review your information and offer professional advice regarding your insurance needs.
Austin Insurance Group – Local Texas Agent since 1994 – 512.339.2901
Privacy is our policy. “We will never sell, give, or otherwise transfer your personal information to any person or entity other than the insurance companies we are appointed with and with our agents and representatives selected to provide you with quotes.”