Things to do your first year with Medicare:
- During the first 12 months that you have Medicare, Make a “Welcome to Medicare” Preventive Visit appointment. This free, one-time comprehensive preventive visit puts you in control of your Medicare and health from the start.
- If you want your friends and family to call Medicare on your behalf Fill out an Authorization Form. Medicare can’t give personal health information about you to anyone without your permission in writing first.
- Sign up for MyMedicare.gov, access your personal Medicare information 24 hours a day, every day. You can:
- Order a replacement Medicare card
- Complete your IEQ
- View your eligibility information
- Track your health care claims
- View your “Medicare Summary Notices” (MSNs)
- Check your Medicare Part B deductible status
- Track your preventive services
- Search for a new plan
- Find information about your Medicare health plan or Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D)
- Keep your Medicare information in one convenient place
- Learn what Medicare covers. You’ll get a list of items, tests, and services that are covered no matter where you live. If your service isn’t listed, talk to your doctor or other health care provider and ask if Medicare will cover them.
- Decide if you want to go paperless, and get your next free copy of “Medicare & You” electronically! Next October, you’ll get an email from Medicare linking you to “Medicare & You” online instead of a paper copy in your mailbox.
- If you haven’t already done so, signup for a Medicare Supplement (Medigap policy).
Shop for Medicare and Medigap with Local Texas Agent, Austin Insurance Group. We shop, you save! (512) 339-1515