MetLife Home Insurance
MetLife home insurance offers a variety of homeowners insurance options to ensure protection to policyholders’ homes and their belongings inside. These coverages include Coverage for the Contents of the Home, Property Damage Protection, Court Fees and Liability Coverage. MetLife also offers superior 24/7 claims services to best fit their customers’ needs. And when you bundle home and auto, you can save even more.
Our Metlife home insurance policies protect you if you have to replace lost or damaged property or rebuild your home with no surprising costs or gaps in coverage.
- Excellent customer service: 24/7 claims and flexible payment plans.
- Customizable coverage offers peace of mind in the event of hail, tornados, fire, theft, vandalism, and more. You can even replace the contents in your home—without deduction for depreciation—if you ever experience a loss.
- Additional features available that will pay you the full cost to rebuild your home if necessary, even if it’s more than the amount for which your home was insured.
- Liability coverage ensures that if you’re sued from a mishap on your property, your legal fees are covered.
- Identity Protection Services are included with every policy.
About MetLife Insurance Company
The origins of MetLife (Metropolitan Life Insurance Company) go back to 1863. Metlife Home Insurance was formed when a group of New York City businessmen raised $100,000 to found the National Union Life and Limb Insurance Company. The new company insured Civil War sailors and soldiers against disabilities due to accidents, wartime wounds, and sickness. In 1868, the company decided to focus on the life insurance business. A new company was chartered to sell “ordinary” insurance to the middle class.
On March 25, 1868, the first policy by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company was issued. Dr. James R. Dow, a retired physician from Brooklyn, NY, was named Metropolitan Life’s first president. He held this position until 1871. The company’s office consisted of two and a half rooms and was located on Broadway in lower Manhattan. By the close of business in 1868, the company had issued 1,477 policies for $4,340,000.
Metlife Home Insurance ranks in the Top 5 homeowners insurance companies in the US.
- Overall score: 82.8 (4 stars)
- Customers who recommend this carrier: 78%
- Customers who plan to renew: 90%
- Claims processing stars: 3.5
- Customer service stars: 4.5
- Financial strength ratings: A+
MetLife Home Insurance
9705 Burnet Rd #314
Austin, TX 78758